Thursday, June 7, 2012

There comes a point when you have got to stop relying on other people to make you feel okay.

 
My dad isn’t coming back. I’m in shock right now. I’m scared, I really don’t know how to feel or what to say right now so I guess I’m going to start from the beginning.

Today is that anniversary of my rape by my ex. 9 Years ago today I had my virginity stolen from me. I have everything ripped apart and to this day it still has never fit right back in the pieces the same way again. So I’m home alone today for the first time since it happened. Every year I have always worked all day on this day and this is the first year I’m coming at it with an open mind and heart. Bu I can’t handle that issue right now because I’m still trying to deal with that my father will never wake up and the mother I never had.

 As if this could come at a better time right?

So the day my dad went into the hospital because of the minor heart attacks he had I broke down and cried. I cried so hard I couldn’t breathe and I remember my husband saying, it’s ok, he will be ok.
When we got there he looked normal, acted like himself, still being funny and sarcastic and loving. He wanted to get out and go home and when I looked him in his eyes I just had this unsettling feeling like it was only going to get worse and he looked at me as if he was saying I’m tired. When he left the hospital, they said there were only going to keep him for two days; I just had this bad feeling and couldn’t brush it off. Nothing I did could numb the upcoming feelings I had. Which I think is why it hurt me so fast. 
That night the nurse told us he coded 3 times, that we need to hurry up and get there because they don’t know if he was going to make it. We sat in the waiting room for hours in pjs, still asleep, scared and worried (when I said we I meant all of us including my 13month old daughter). That date was March 17, 2012. So we went back home and everything was blurry, they called us up to the hospital several times a day that whole week. By that Saturday March 24( my birthday) he had went into a coma, that Tuesday we went up to see him because later on in the week he had to have triple bypass surgery.

I guess I knew that from the first heart attack and from what the doctors were telling us I knew he wasn’t going to make it. He eyes told me that when we were in the first hospital. I kept it all inside because I didn’t want to say anything and take away everyone else’s hope of him coming back.
At the end of April I remember looking into my dad’s eyes and seeing him telling me to let him go.

My dad was the only person I kind of had on my side. I don’t have a relationship with my mother anymore. The only contact I have with my sister is cordial or concerns my daughter or things like that. The reason why I don’t choose to have a real relationship with my sister is because she acts like my mother so much. I don’t feel like I should have to deal with someone like that who is constantly hurting you on purpose.
I feel like I’m breaking down because my dad isn’t here anymore. It’s hard just knowing that he isn’t coming back.


Photobucket

No comments: